Become A Member
Joining 3VA means we are better able to work with you and support others in doing so as we know more about you and your work. With a range of benefits for members, including preferential rates on services, why not join the growing network?
Membership is available to voluntary and community groups who are working for the benefit of people in the Eastbourne, Lewes District and Wealden areas. Groups' commitment to equal opportunities must be consistent with 3VA’s Statement of Values and Equal Opportunities and membership is not available to groups with aims or objectives relating to party politics.
Members must have:
- A clearly defined purpose
- A governing document such as set of rules or a constitution
- A clear decision making mechanism (e.g. a committee)
- Appropriate financial records and a bank account in the name of the group or organisation with two unrelated signatories
- All necessary insurances, such as public liability insurance
- All necessary policies such as child protection, confidentiality, equal opportunities
- Commitment to the furtherance of 3VA's objectives
- Commitment to 3VA's Statement of Values & Equality
How to apply:
- Complete the membership application form and send to email@example.com.
- The group support team will contact you to complete a brief healthcheck for your group to ensure you meet the right criteria.
- 3VA's Board of Trustees consider applications for membership when they meet quarterly.
- We will write to let you know the outcome of your application.
Meeting the criteria
If you are unsure whether you would meet the membership criteria, please contact our Group Support Team who can work with you to help you achieve membership.
Updating your details
Once a year we ask all members to check we hold the right details for them. This information is used to update our online Members' Directory, as well as helping us to understand what organisations are out there and key characteristics like income, staff/volunteer numbers and areas of work. If your contact details change in any way please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Martina Taylor on 01323 639373.