PROJECT MANAGEMENT - MODULE 1- 4
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT (7th February 2018)
This module introduces the cycle of project management, explains the different stages and their interconnection, and how using this approach can bring clarity and greater efficiency to your work. It then goes on to explore how you can develop your project ideas, including how to involve stakeholders and clarify the aims, outputs and outcomes of your project. Practical tools are used to support the process.
- To understand the importance of project management.
- To have useable information and skills about how to identify your stakeholders and involve them in project design.
- To clarify and analyse your project ideas and their broader context.
- To understand the asset and solution based approaches.
This module is most suitable for groups who are relatively new to running their own projects but have an idea or ideas about the projects they aim to run. It is also suitable for more experienced groups who would like to develop their skills in project design further.
MODULE 2: SKILLS FOR PROJECT FUNDING (21st February 2018)
This module focuses on skills you will need to develop grant applications for a specific project, using simple, practical tools. Participants will get most from this module if they have a reasonably well developed project idea that they can work on during the training session. The module is supported by 3VA’s Essential Guide to Fundraising.
- To be able to identify very clearly what funders are looking for in an application.
- To be able to use a range of tools to help clarify and develop your project idea further.
- To have useable information and skills to evidence the need for your project.
- To have the right skills to write a cohesive, persuasive grant application.
This module is most suitable for groups who have a reasonably well developed project idea and have identified one or several possible funders. No previous fundraising experience is necessary, however, attending the Module 1: Introduction to Project Design and Development would be highly beneficial.
MODULE 3: GETTING YOUR PROJECT UNDERWAY, PLANNING AHEAD FOR EVALUATION (7th March 2018)
This module explores in more detail project implementation and some of the processes and practices you can put in place to help your project run more smoothly. In particular it looks at how you will evaluate the success of your project and integrate this into implementation from the outset – especially harder to measure outcomes.
- To be aware of some of the common pitfalls of project implementation and how to avoid them.
- To be able to identify the monitoring and evaluation that is needed, both for funders and for your own purposes.
- To expand your knowledge of possible evaluation techniques.
- To be able to draw up an evaluation framework.
This module is most suitable for groups who are fairly new to running projects, and for groups who would like to develop their skills in monitoring and evaluation.
MODULE 4: REPORTING ON PROGRESS AND IDENTIFYING NEW OPPORTUNITIES (15th March 2018)
This module looks at how you can use your findings to communicate with a variety of audiences. It includes practical tools for collating and analysing data and how this can be used and presented in easy to understand ways. Reporting to funders, its purposes and accountability wil be explored in more detail.
- To develop skills in analysing your findings and communicating clearly about them.
- To be able to identify the aspects of your project that funders require you to report on and check that you are collecting the relevant information.
- To explore how collecting reporting information and writing reports can help you develop new project ideas.
This module is for groups who need to write reports for funders on a specific project. It is a practical session and participants need to bring with them a report they will soon be working on.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE COURSE:
- "Very good course! I wil use a lot of what I learnt in my role".
- "Great course - thank you!"
- "Excellent and comprehensive training course, very good trainer and delivery. Good clear resources and practical tools to take away."
- "I've enjoyed the course."
Registration Closing Date:
1 February 2018
Cancellations received by post, phone or email before the closing date will be refunded. We regret that no refund can be made if cancellations are received on or after that date, for whatever reason, although substitutions will be accepted if notified before the event.
Please click on the grey "BOOK NOW" button below or in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2FG