How to Attract and Retain More Volunteers
This workshop will take an easy-to-follow, step by step guide to developing the most effective messages and best practice techniques for recruiting and retaining volunteers for your organisation. We will examine how and where you could recruit your potential volunteers from and ways of involving volunteers in flexible, non-traditional roles that are responsive to both volunteers' needs and the needs of your group. The workshop will also feature how to develop effective messages and support systems designed to motivate volunteers within your organisation, in addition to recognising when it might be time to "let go".
‘Lee makes all training informative, but fun’…’Great session – definitely learnt a lot’…’A relaxed safe environment to explore without judgement.’
Participant’s feedback, Dec 2017
By the end of this workshop participants will have:
- Explored how to plan for the recruitment and selection of volunteers.
- Considered how ‘traditional patterns of volunteering may be changing and more flexible ways of involving volunteers
- Identified where and how to best advertise for volunteers
- Looked at ways of making volunteering more accessible within your organisation.
- Identified and explored some of the motivating factors why people volunteer and why people choose to stop volunteering
- Considered the importance of understanding the relationship between volunteers' motivation and the needs of the organisation
- Examined ways of motivating volunteers ans sustaining their involvement
- Identified ways of recognising and rewarding the value of volunteer involvement in their organisation
This workshop will take a ‘hands-on’, interactive approach which invites participants’ to share best practice and practice various skills and will also include, designing volunteer recruitment and on-going volunteer management materials that you can take away with you at the end of the workshop.
This workshop is suitable for anyone, either in a paid, or unpaid capacity, who is responsible for engaging and involving volunteers. To discuss your requirements and find out more about the workshop, please call Lee Shepherd on 07535 992 638 or contact him via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lee Shepherd works at 3VA as Community Development Officer for Lewes District. Lee is a qualified trainer who has twenty-five years direct experience of managing volunteers and has advised and supported voluntary & community organisations with engaging volunteers for the past twenty years.
Date and Venue:
22nd January 2019, 10:00 am- 3:30 pm, The Linklater Pavilion, Lewes
Tea, coffee and biscuits. There will be a 30 minute lunch break.
Registration Closing Date:
15th January 2019
This is a FREE course for any delegate within the target audience group, however, the booking is essential.
Please advise us as soon as you can if you have booked a space but unable to attend, so that we can make the space available to another participant. Failure to attend without notice will incur a charge of £30 per person. This charge applies to all agencies.
Please click on the grey "BOOK NOW" button below or in the top right-hand corner of the page.
Lewes, BN7 2FG