3VA helps to empower the voluntary and community sector in Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden in a number of ways, including offers of:
- Tailored support for your group
- Opportunities for collaboration
- Resources for your group
- Community venues and equipment for hire
Tailored support for your group
Our expert team provides a free advice service to groups in Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden. Whether you are just starting out or your organisation has been established for years, the 3VA team can guide you in the right direction. This includes:
- Setting up a new group
- Legal structures
- Advising those in difficulty, or closing down if necessary
- Improving your governance, including trustee support, committees and constitutions
- Policies and procedures
- Quality standards such as PQASSO
- Business planning
- Performance management and planning
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Community buildings
- Project planning
- Sources of funding
- Checking funding applications
- Developing funding proposals
- Full cost recovery and costing projects
- Diversifying income
- Financial planning
- Fundraising strategy
3VA also provides free practical and flexible one-to-one support sessions tailored to individual group needs and provide workshops and surgeries at relevant events. To discuss your organisation’s needs, please contact us.
3VA organises high quality, low cost and free training for voluntary and community groups based on feedback from previous participants and our annual survey of members. Browse our training calendar to see up to date list of courses we and other local groups have on offer. If you cannot see the course that you want or are unsure if one we offer meets your needs, please contact Martina Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01323 639 373 ext 210 for a chat.
Opportunities for collaboration
3VA runs a number of events and workshops throughout the year designed to help voluntary and community groups benefit from networking, explore opportunities for collaborative working, share good practice and discuss issues of mutual concern with a view to finding practical solutions. Recent topics covered have included building on the community assets in Eastbourne, community transport and access to services in Wealden and work to make Lewes town a place where the needs of people with dementia are understood and catered for. 3VA facilitates the East Sussex Volunteer Coordinators' Networking Forum for people who manage volunteers - an excellent opportunity to share and learn about good practice in this important area.
3VA also runs regular networking meetings across Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden, so if you have an issue you would like to raise, come along and tell us. Browse our events calendar to find out when the next meeting will take place. Alternatively, contact your local 3VA community development officer:
3VA hosts SpeakUp Countywide Forum, a network for the voluntary and community sector in East Sussex. SpeakUp’s role is to ensure that there is dialogue between voluntary and community sector organisations across East Sussex in support of its development and sustainability. It also promotes work with the public sector to develop collaboration and system leadership.
Resources for your group
We produce a range of Essentials Guides to provide concise but comprehensive information on some of the key areas groups need to consider, including:
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Community events
- Equal opportunities
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Trustee role descriptions
- Useful websites
- Writing a business plan
- Writing a constitution
Community venues and equipment for hire
In addition to offering our own spaces, we also maintain a map of other community venues available for hire that we are aware of. We cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the details listed, nor do we necessarily endorse any of the premises listed.
At our Eastbourne office we have two meeting rooms available with free Wi-fi. A range of teas & coffees are available on request for £1.25 per person or £1.50 with biscuits.
The Annexe is a flexible space that can be booked either as one large room or split into two smaller rooms. The Annexe has its own entrance, which is fully accessible and has a toilet with disabled access, and a small kitchen that is equipped with tea/coffee making facilities.
- Capacity: as a full room, the Annexe can accommodate 40 people (seated), 24 seated around table, or 50 standing. Each half room can accommodate 20 people (seated), 12 seated around table, or 25 standing.
- Cost: 3VA members can hire the full Annexe for £17 per hour or half the Annexe for £13 per hour. Non-members are also welcome to hire the full Annexe for £18 per hour or half the Annexe for £15 per hour. Hires are for a minimum of 2 hours. The use of the kitchen will incur an additional fee of £5 per session.
- Availability: The Annexe is available Monday through Sunday from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm.
The Interview Room
Situated on the ground floor of our building, the Interview Room is fully accessible.
- Capacity: the Interview Room can accommodate up to 6 people seated at a round table.
- Cost: 3VA members can hire the Interview Room for £12 per hour. Non-members are also welcome to hire the Interview Room for £13 per hour. Hires are for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Availability: The Interview Room is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
3VA Equipment for Hire
We also have a range of equipment available for hire, including:
- Flipchart pens and paper (£5.00)
- Projector and screen (£10.00) (NB use of the screen is free if you bring your own projector)
Book a Space