Our expert team provides a free advice service to groups in Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden. Whether you are just starting out or your organisation has been established for years, the 3VA team can guide you in the right direction. 3VA also provides free practical and flexible one-to-one support sessions tailored to individual group needs and provide workshops and surgeries at relevant events. To discuss your organisation’s needs, please contact us or come see us at one of our regular drop-in sessions.
Tuesdays from 10:00 am and 1:00 pm
1 The Labyrinth
7 Mark Lane
Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lewes House of Friendship
208 High Street
Thursdays from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Lewes District Council
Southover House Reception
Our advice service includes:
- Setting up a new group
- Legal structures
- Advising those in difficulty, or closing down if necessary
- Improving your governance, including trustee support, committees and constitutions
- Policies and procedures
- Quality standards such as PQASSO
- Business planning
- Performance management and planning
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Community buildings
- Project planning
- Sources of funding
- Checking funding applications
- Developing funding proposals
- Full cost recovery and costing projects
- Diversifying income
- Financial planning
- Fundraising strategy
3VA produces a weekly e-Newsletter for local voluntary & community groups packed with local news, information, updates and events. Please subscribe online. The deadline for copy for the following week's edition is Friday at 12:00 noon.
Our e-Newsletter is all about outlining the headline news and events locally so we ask that organisations follow these rules:
- Submit a maximum of three sentences outlining your news item
- Always include a web link for further information (or contact details if a web link isn't available)
- Please submit events using the online form
- Please submit training opportunities using the online form
- For consultations include: deadline for submissions
- Job vacancies can be included in 3VA e-Newsletters and on this website for fees of £25 (members) and £50 (non-members) per each job description advertised. Groups wishing to advertise vacancies through 3VA should submit job adverts via the online form. The advert will be added to the 3VA website and hyperlinked through all e-Newsletters until the vacancy deadline.
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "copy for e-Newsletter" no later than 12:00 noon each Friday for inclusion in the following week's publication.
3VA makes every effort to help groups publicise events, consultations and so on however submitting copy does not guarantee inclusion in any 3VA e-Newsletter. 3VA receives a lot of information from various sources and unfortunately cannot include everything. The content of the e-Newsletter is at the discretion of the editor.