3VA’s mission is supporting and developing local community organisations and local communities in Eastbourne, Lewes and Wealden. Our work will often highlight unmet community need or help to create and support partnerships that could potentially secure additional funding and resources. We want to maximise the potential for our work to create and, especially, secure funding opportunities. This is where this post has a crucial role to play as a ‘radar’ role to identify and develop funding opportunities.
Work to be carried out
- Review 3VA’s work and the unmet community needs that it highlights and produce a report of potential funding opportunities to develop. (3 days).
- Be across new opportunities from local statutory and non-statutory funders, and opportunities highlighted in East Sussex County Council Funding news and elsewhere. (1 day per month for 5 months).
- Be across national funding opportunities from lottery, national government and others. (1 day per month for 5 months).
- Research and develop evidence of need from Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, East Sussex in Figures and other data sources. (3 days)
- Research into how Voluntary Actions elsewhere are funded and what we can learn from this. (3 days).
- Assisting with bid development and completion. This includes meeting with 3VA staff and bid partners, pulling together content for applications, liaising with potential funders, and reporting to 3VA Trustees. We would expect to submit at least 3 funding applications in this period. (15 days).
£140 per day for 35 days’ work – to be completed by 31 October 2019 or earlier.
How to apply
Please email a CV, plus a personal statement addressing the work above, to Adam Chugg, CEO, at email@example.com by 8 March 2019.